Thursday, November 12, 2009

Jonah Hex: 'Six Gun War' Part Six (Issue 49)



In the sixth and final installment of the ‘Six Gun War’ series (Jonah Hex issue No. 49, January 2010), Jonah and his little band of vigilantes and do-gooders arrive at the headquarters of nemesis Quentin Turnbull.



 

 
Lodged near some ancient Aztec or Mayan ruins, Turnbull is operating a gold mine with Indian slave laborers. The treatment of the laborers is unusually brutal and that gives Jonah an idea….



 



 

I won’t spoil the story by divulging how things ultimately turn out, but I will say the end of the miniseries was something of a letdown. It didn’t help matters that the panel layouts and art for this issue seemed to be too cramped, too small, too darkly lit (I used a ‘photo fix’ feature to give these page scans greater legibility). In my mind, the promising start to the ‘Six Gun War’ series wasn’t fullfilled as well as I had hoped. Oh well, there’s always next issue…..

No comments: