Friday, June 21, 2019

The Banana Splits Movie coming August 2019

The Banana Splits Movie
August 27, 2019 
This is.........strange.........

Apparently, Warner Bros. commissioned an R-rated feature film starring the Banana Splits. It's being released on DVD on August 27, with an advertised price of $24.98. 



I can't help thinking that the The Banana Splits Movie will be a disaster like The Happytime Murders from 2018, which also employed the trope of taking beloved children's TV characters and recasting them (in Postmodern fashion) as deranged killers. 

But I could be wrong.


[ My workplace subjects me to random drug testing, so it is highly unlikely I will be watching The Banana Splits Movie in the frame of mind best recommended for Baby Boomers in their 50s. ]

I'm still making up my mind whether to rent the DVD, or buy it.................maybe it's best to wait and see what the reviews have to say later this Summer.

No comments: