Tuesday, September 8, 2026

I Do the Rock
Tim Curry
1979 
What with all the eulogies and encomiums for the recent passing of UK actor Tim Curry (1946 - 2026), few have referenced his 1979 LP Fearless.
 
I was never a Rocky Horror fan; the Rocky Horror people were at the bottom of the food chain. But I do remember listening to the single from Fearless, 'I Do the Rock,' on WAAL FM radio in my hometown in upstate New York in the summer of 1979. 
 
Along with Mike Nesmith's 'Cruising,' from that same time in that same year, it had an irreverent, quirky, campy quality that made it stand out among the other AOR tunes on the station. Kind of like a more listenable Frank Zappa composition........
 
As for Fearless, well, I can't call it a gem of late 70s rock n roll, but it has a more listenable quality that so much of the stuff out right now on the Spotify Top 40. And there you have it......... 

No comments: