Friday, November 11, 2022

At the Library Sale, Fall 2022

At the Library Sale
Fall 2022
Well, it was time once again for the library's used book Sale, and I stuffed some bills in my pocket and headed off to the shopping center where the Sale was to take place. 

These were fine Fall days, and I was in good spirits, confident that some nice PorPor books were destined to be in my possession.

I made multiple visits and did pretty well each time. I sidestepped the resellers who were pulling David Gemmell, Neal Stephenson, and Mercedes Lackey titles from the shelves, and saw that someone had donated a bunch of yellow-spine DAW paperback books, published in the 1970s, all in very fine (or even 'like new') condition. And they were priced at only a buck each ! I picked them up. 

I also got a decent copy of the notorious 'Space Relations', by Donald Barr, along with some rather obscure action, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy paperbacks from the 1970s, like 'A Thunder of Stars', 'Kiteman', 'Azor !', 'Harkfast', 'The Stork Factor', etc., I hadn't heard of. 

What can I say ? Collecting old sci-fi paperbacks is a cheap, but rewarding, thrill..............

No comments: